I hope everyone had a great weekend!🙂
Today, I have a series of cards I made for my Stampin’ Up! team (the RemARKables; the ladies I blog hop with every month). Our leader, Janet Wakeland, asked for sample makers to make projects using an animal stamp set for our “Furry Friends”-themed monthly training. I volunteered to use the “It’s Wild” background stamp because I’d never played with it before! I had to wait until they were shared with the group before I could share them here🙂
As you know, I like to mix things up a bit and try to find untraditional ways to use stamps and punches🙂 So, here is my lineup of It’s Wild cards:
1. Traditional: I used the It’s Wild to create zebra stripes for the background of a bouquet of balloons using the Balloon Celebration bundle with the matching punch! I used some of the Go Wild DSP, the Brights Backgrounds DSP, and a scrap of Melon Mambo cardstock (with a Wink of Stella!) for my balloons.
2. Wild for Baby: I used the background stamp to create a jungle for the monkeys to play in! The monkeys are from the Zoo Babies stamp set.
3. Eye of the Tiger: This card was made using the Circle Card Thinlits! I had a lot of fun making this card. I thought it was perfect for someone who was working on a goal or who had just achieved a goal! They had the eye of the tiger🙂
Just a few quick notes on this one:
–use a mask when stamping the sides
–stamp the It’s Wild on the #6 circle framelits (counting in)
— for the eye: 3/4″ Delightful Dijon (carefully sponged a Tip Top Taupe circle in middle), a black circle from the Owl Builder punch, black large petal from Festive Flower Builder, and I used a Basic Rhinestone in the center to catch the “gleam”🙂
4. Shimmery Pool Party: I really started to branch out with the next few cards. This card stamped tone-on-tone Pool Party and stamped the starfish using the Picture Perfect stamp set. I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to make the ripples in the water all nice and sparkly!
5. Camouflage: This next care uses the background stamp to create camouflage! Believe it or not, I got this one take🙂 I first stamped with Crumb Cake, then inked up with Soft Suede and just made sure I didn’t lay my stamp down in the same place. I used Mossy Meadow and the For Your Country stamp set to create the bottom piece.
6. Wild About You: This card turned out as my favorite!🙂 I turned the background stamp on its side and voila! It becomes seaweed or coral, depending on what color🙂 The little fishies I made using the Friends & Flowers stamp set. These cuties met and their kiss created little heart bubbles (Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper)!🙂
I hope you enjoyed these and maybe got some inspiration!🙂
Have a great week!
P.S. Notice I have a new lightbox!!🙂